Thursday 2 February 2012

The biggest challenge for this week was to NOT compare myself or my cards with other's.
As soon as I do it deflates & intimidates me, it makes me think the dreaded "I'm not good enough".  
I had to come to realize that 1. some people have been at it a loooooooooooong time; they have honed their skills over many many many years plus they have learned things I've yet to even imagine and 2. everyone has different styles.  Its like comparing apples to....a toaster.  
I put myself in check - I've only been at it (sporadically) for 3 years [and the majority of that is mostly strictly scrapbooking], completely winging it and just going by instinct - I'M RIGHT WHERE I SHOULD BE and will only get better as I move forward.  Forever forward!  

So with that behind me, I continue on happily with my cutting and pasting.  Sure I'd like to venture into new territory - such as stamping and embossing - but for now, its all about simply playing with paper.  :)
                                
Go to "February Cards - 1" for this week's batch.

See you in a week.
Have a great Thursday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment